Friday, February 08, 2008

Life Is Good

I might have time for an expanded post this weekend. In the meantime:

Silversmithing: Awesome! I've learned to saw properly, build and solder a bezel, sweat soldering, care and feeding of tools, and I've designed and been approved on my first project, ordered my metals and gems for it and two other projects in my queue, and started cutting the pieces for Project 1, the Seattle Skyline. Nothing if not predictable, eh?

Robotics: In full swing. Kent spends all day Saturdays and most weekdays after school working with his robotics team on the design and build. Next weekend is a practice session in Richmond. The following weekend is Ship Week, where they crate the finished robot and ship it up to Richmond for the Regionals in March.

Knitting: I haven't done shit since the silversmithing class started in January, although to make up for it I am in this Scavenger Hunt Knitter Swap/Secret Pal thing which is lots of fun. It's mentally time consuming, though, and it may be a while before I do another one. In any case, some lucky woman is going to get a bit of handcrafted-ness that's a result of the silversmithing class, hahaha! I'm still working on the black turtleneck and I have pictures to post.

InvenTeams: Looked at flights to Boston in the late June time frame for the final presentations at MIT. Ouch. I'm hopeful that those prices will drop a little as it gets closer. In the meantime, the team is forging ahead without too many obstacles.

Flute Choir: Saturday 2/9 is the Regional Flute Fair to be held at ODU. I'm manning our table in the afternoon, then we have a concert in the evening. There's a Master Class sometime during the day that I didn't audition for but which I'll attend. I look forward to meeting more flutists from the area.

Kent's #2 Masters: Time consuming.

Nick: is wishing for a kegger but only gets to host a small birthday party for one of this friends. Erica is well and visiting for a couple days.

Patrick: Enjoys working at Tread Quarters and is considering a second job in the same field, a friend's independent repair shop.

Doglettes: Cute, cuddly, wonderful, always hungry, and at this moment, napping on a dog bed to my left.

Life is good.



3 comments:

  1. I love the update of what appears to be a very busy and creative life! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Lotion bar is a solid hunk of lotion, in a sense, it's kind of like chapstick for your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bring some to the next YFB if they turn out ok, so y'all can test them for me.

    ReplyDelete