Sunday, June 13, 2004

Sunday Morning

I'm learning about Kerberos today. It's a rough subject for 8:20 in the morning but I'm up for it, having fortified myself with at least one cup of coffee, and had my morning giggle watching Maggie and Tasha chase each other around. And, now that I've found out that it's a private key encryption protocol that allows client/server authentication to occur over an interently insecure network connection, I'm ready to take a little break.

I've taken over the entire dining room table. The third floor AC isn't working, which in turn makes the 2nd floor warmer than usual. This, in turn, forces me to flee to the first floor for cool comfort. Yes, I like it cool. 71-72 is my style. My books, my laptop, my camera and dock, my little desk organizer, and I have all moved to the dining room table. This wasn't an option until we got the WAP, which by the way works wonderfully. We have wireless access in every room of the house (except the third floor). Even the kitchen! I like to move around. Change of scenery. I get bored.

We (Kent) has ripped out a 7-foot section of uuuugly cabinetry in the kitchen. We decided, for better or worse, that we'd start the darn kitchen remodel and do a little at a time. In that sections place is a 7' high, four foot wide open steel shelving. It look better than it sounds. We have two of those now, and definitely freed up some real estate. It also helps us visualize how we want the kitchen to look. It looks as though there is some very good hardwood under about a half-inch of other flooring. We're actually excited about this. Hardwood in the kitchen? Sure, why not! What the hell!

All of a sudden, now that we have a membership at Costco, Kent likes to go grocery shopping. Wants to go. Asks when I am going. Volunteers to go. I'm not questioning it, just liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment