Friday, September 14, 2007

I Didn't Knit This

But I sure wish I had. It's soooo beautiful, and that yellow/gold is really fetching. The photo design and knitting is work by Anne Hansen of Knitspot.com. I was thinking "what a great gift for someone for Christmas!" Yeah, Christmas 2008, I think, because it takes me a long time to knit lace. Socks, though, I'm digging socks for sure. Three pairs so far, and the last pair, the ones I wrote about, were really satisfying to knit. I have three projects lined up right now: a beautiful wildly colored scarf in a mohair/silk blend, a pair of yummy thick socks, and another beret. The socks and the beret are quick but that scarf is going to take some time mostly because the two most common colors in it are out-of-stock and back-ordered in every online knitting shop I visit! I guess the thousands of us who receive the Knitting Daily newsletter all had the same idea: "wow, gorgeous, must knit now, must order yarn." It uses eleven different blocks of color in various configurations.

Moving right along. Erica proposed to Nick, who said yes, and so they are getting married...in a couple of years. Their plan is for Nick to pay off a couple of bills and move to Maryland in early 2008. Which means I now I have an even better excuse to visit Maryland, a state I really like. I'd love to move to Baltimore but that's just not in the cards at this point. Patrick, on the other hand, is in New Jersey doing some engine repair training for the Army. This will provide him with another skill set and more reservist options. Apparently Fort Eustis doesn't have much call for large equipment operators. His MOS (military occupation something or other) was merged with another MOS so he also has to expand his skills to fit the new MOS. Nonetheless, they are both gainfully employed, they've learned painful lessons about credit cards and money, and will hopefully both be in college between now and 2012.

Rehearsals for Bat Boy, the Musical (as in Bat Boy from Weekly World News) began early last week. Kent is playing the role of Parker, Bat Boy's father-figure. Parker is not a nice person but he has a couple of songs. The show opens sometime in November, I think.

That's the news for now. Summers are pretty slow but fall and winter are shaping up nicely! Just for fun, have a pink caddy (picture



3 comments:

  1. Newsy! Great! Love the pink caddy! Where did you find it? So Nick is going to marry the girl you weren't even sure was his girlfriend? I hope it's really a few years--watch out--you could be a grandma before you are 50 just like I was!

    Sounds like Patrick is going to be very employable by the time he is done. Just don't want him to go to Iraq.

    That is a beautiful scarf. Wish i had a skill that could produce beautiful things. I can produce beautiful cookies, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...very up to date info Erin. it sounds like things are getting easier for you with Nick. And it sounds like he is shaping things up. Good for him ;) And, I'm sure that is making you feel much more at ease.
    good on ya mate!!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, you don't think just anyone can make great cookies, do you? That's a skill!! Carolyn, found your new blog :)

    ReplyDelete